This is a Thai-style banana cake made with rice flour.
- The Batter:
- 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick)
- 2/3 cup baker’s sugar (fine grain)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 can of coconut milk (use the full-fat kind…if you’re going to eat cake, eat good cake)
- 1 and 1/2 mashed bananas (the blacker the better)
- 2 cups sweet rice flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- The Sauce:
- 1 and 1/2 mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- The Batter
- Cream the butter and sugar, mash the bananas, beat the eggs, and combine all liquid ingredients.
- Combine the dry ingredients and fold in the wet ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Pour the batter into a 9 inch cake pan that has been greased and floured.
- The Sauce
- Combine these ingredients and pour over the cake batter before baking the cake. The sauce will form a sort of marbling in the batter.
- Bake for approximately one hour or until the center is no longer liquid, but more like a jello or pudding consistency.
- Eat the cake and thank your lucky stars that you can eat something like this, while people like me can only look at it with something that resembles violent lust.
18 or so slices
By: The Tart Little Piggy