Yellow Thai Curry with White Shrimp and Green Beans
- 15-20 peeled, raw white shrimp
- 1 small, finely julienned ginger root
- 3-4 keffir lime leaves
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 large handful of fresh green beans, ends removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large lobe of shallot, julienned
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of yellow curry paste (I used Mae Ploy brand)
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tbsp Marukan seasoned gourmet rice vinegar
1. Get the peanut oil extremely hot (peanut oil is preferred both for taste and because it has a high smoking temperature, which means you can get it super hot before it begins to smoke and subsequently catches your cabin on fire).
2. Add vegetable ingredients except for a smidge of the ginger and 1 or 2 of the lime leaves. Turn the heat down when the ingredients begin to caramelize.
3. Add 1/2 the coconut milk, curry paste, and the peeled shrimp.
4. Let it simmer while you throw another log on the fire.
5. Add the rest of the coconut milk, ginger, and lime leaves.
6. Serve over rice, or, if you forgot to bring the rice (like I did) eat it as is.