Fairbanks has my brain in its icy claws; the temptation to eat donuts and birthday cake by the truckload is powerful. It’s been -30°F (and colder) here for weeks and weeks and weeks. We’ve had a few days here and there of temps above 0°, but from Thanksgiving until now -30° has been hanging around like a bad house guest. However, there is always something beautiful about my environment; Fairbanks likes to remind me that even though the weather is brutal, there is always the moon…
In honor of this, I’m putting up a recipe for my semi-homemade Moonpies. The sugar and calorie content is sinister, but it’s a full moon, so they’re fitting.
- vanilla wafers (as many as you need)
- marshmallow creme
- Baker’s White Dipping Chocolate
- chopped, salted pecans
1. Mix equal parts marshmallow creme and Nutella and attempt to get a layer onto a vanilla wafer, sandwiching it with another wafer. This part is very gooey and sticky and requires a good deal of finger licking, but doesn’t that sound naughty and fun?
2. Put the cookies in the fridge or the freezer and let the gooey stuff harden if you need to, then dip each sandwich into the melted baker’s chocolate.
3. Lay the dipped sandwich on waxed paper. Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle on some of the chopped pecans.
4. Finally, feed them to someone else’s children and then leave when all Hell breaks loose.
- Banana Nirvana: Thai Style Banana Cake (tartlittlepiggy.wordpress.com)
- My Marshmallow Creme Dilemma…. (frugalchristianliving.wordpress.com)
- If You Give a Girl Eight Boxes of Cream Cheese… (thenewlywedchronicles.wordpress.com)